Friday, December 15, 2006

The Nutcracker


This past weekend we had the pleasure of going to see the Nutcracker with Matthew's Momom, a family tradition that started when he was just a little one. The production was put on by a local ballet company, and it was the cutest thing watching these little girls come out and dancing their hearts out, they were trying so hard. It really was a lovely production, and brought back lots of memories from when I was a little girl. My dream, from as young as I can remember, was to become a professional ballerina, I absolutly loved every thing about ballet. I remember being at productions just like the Nutcracker, and watching the older girls dance from behind the curtains, I would stand there in awe of how beautifully graceful they were. After my family moved to Japan, we just couldn't afford the exorbidant amounts that lessons would have cost. All that to say, sunday was such a fun time with Matthew's family, and I am so glad we were able to go. Matthew's Momom also made it a tradition to give him a Nutcracker every year for christmas (until he turned 13)! He has a wonderful collection, and this year for the first time, I got a Nutcraker of my very own. Thank you Momom, we love you!

1 Comments:

Blogger Graham said...

That gave me the warm fuzzies...

4:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home